Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Having Embed Vanilla display custom themes.

sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a vanilla forum and i want to embed it on my facebook Page.
i want if the User accesses it directly e.g by forums.mydomain.com - then he sees a different theme which is going to be 960px wide but when he accesses it through facebook - where the width is limited to 520px - then some other theme is displayed.

is it possible to do it?

thanks

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    This is something that's not possible to do right now and is actually quite difficult. I recommend using media queries in your custom.css to alter the default theme for the 520px width.

Answers

• Options
    edited October 2011
    i found
    $Configuration['Garden']['Theme']                               = 'default';
    $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mobile';
    these two settings - how can i change them to display a different theme eg
    $Configuration['Garden']['FacebookTheme']                         = 'facebook';
    where i can detect if the user is accessing it from domain facebook.com and it loads the facebook theme by itself?

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    This is something that's not possible to do right now and is actually quite difficult. I recommend using media queries in your custom.css to alter the default theme for the 520px width.
  • Options
    i will be working on javascript and css to implement it.
    i know this can be done by having 2 vanilla installations - which pull out from same database but the thing is i donot want to have duplicate content.

Thanks @todd

:)