Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] can't find links for next page, page numbers?

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello all. I'm new to this. Thank you so much to Vanilla for an awesome forum program!!!

I don't use categories. When I change the maximum number of discussions to below the total I have currently, the excess ones disappear. I don't see a link to the next page... If I have lets say 30 discussions, change max to 20, 20 will show up but that's it, you can't go to next page as far as I can see. If I change it to 30, they will show up again.

I haven't done much hard editing, mostly using plugins, cut/paste etc. So I may have goofed up somewhere and blocked/removed the page links....not sure.

Let me know if you need more info. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    That may not be the problem then. Check and see what category is beside each discussion. If some have none then you must assign those discussions to the general category. If everything is assigned to a category then posting a new discussion will fix the counts.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    yep, that did it! just had to change them all from none to general, then even went back an disabled categories again but the page numbers/links stayed there now. thank you so very much!!

Answers

• Options
    I think what you have is an old bug where I think you may have deleted all categories and so new discussions aren't being assigned an appropriate category. This results in the page list not getting the correct information because the counts are stored in the categories table.

Even if you don't use categories you should still keep the general category.
  • Options
    hmm ok it's possible...i did delete categories..

just now i enabled them again, and the general one is only one there....still no page buttons though.

is there a way to fix/reverse this??

many thanks
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    That may not be the problem then. Check and see what category is beside each discussion. If some have none then you must assign those discussions to the general category. If everything is assigned to a category then posting a new discussion will fix the counts.

• Options
    Answer ✓
    yep, that did it! just had to change them all from none to general, then even went back an disabled categories again but the page numbers/links stayed there now. thank you so very much!!