Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

signin.php page not displaying

edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I just set up vanilla using the 'installer.php' file. I've set it up locally (i.e. localhost). The db got created (total 18 tables). I reviewed the 'settings.php' page and everything seems to be in order: // Database Settings define("dbHOST", "localhost"); define("dbNAME", "vanilla"); define("dbUSER", "root"); define("dbPASSWORD", "mypassword"); The signin page is coming up blank?? Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    is the rest of the forum working ok?
  • Options
    Cannot access any page which leads me to think that it's not resolving the db connection?? Maybe.
  • Options
    That seems unlikely, since the installer was able to create the tables.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Here is the content of my settings.php page for troubleshooting (any pointers?): <?php // Database Settings define("dbHOST", "localhost"); define("dbNAME", "vanilla"); define("dbUSER", "root"); define("dbPASSWORD", "mypassword"); // Path Settings define("agAPPLICATION_PATH", "c:\Apache\htdocs\nycfcug\forums/"); define("sgLIBRARY", agAPPLICATION_PATH."library/"); define("agEXTENSIONS", agAPPLICATION_PATH."extensions/"); define("agLANGUAGES", agAPPLICATION_PATH."languages/"); // Application Settings define("agAPPLICATION_TITLE", "My Forum"); define("agBANNER_TITLE", "My Forum"); define("agDEFAULT_STYLE", "styles/vanilla/"); define("agDOMAIN", "127.0.0.1/nycfcug/forums"); define("agSAFE_REDIRECT", "signin.php?PageAction=SignOut"); define("agDISCUSSIONS_PER_PAGE", "30"); define("agDISCUSSIONS_PER_FEED", "20"); define("agCOMMENTS_PER_PAGE", "50"); define("agSEARCH_RESULTS_PER_PAGE", "30"); define("agCOOKIE_DOMAIN", "localhost"); define("agSUPPORT_EMAIL", "js@ccc.com"); define("agSUPPORT_NAME", "John Doe"); define("agALLOW_NAME_CHANGE", "1"); define("agPUBLIC_BROWSING", "0"); define("agUSE_CATEGORIES", "1"); define("agLOG_ALL_IPS", "0"); // Panel Settings define("agPANEL_BOOKMARK_COUNT", "20"); define("agPANEL_PRIVATE_COUNT", "5"); define("agPANEL_HISTORY_COUNT", "5"); define("agPANEL_USERDISCUSSIONS_COUNT", "5"); define("agPANEL_SEARCH_COUNT", "20"); // Discussion Settings define("agMAX_COMMENT_LENGTH", "5000"); define("agMAX_TOPIC_WORD_LENGTH", "45"); define("agDISCUSSION_POST_THRESHOLD", "3"); define("agDISCUSSION_TIME_THRESHOLD", "60"); define("agDISCUSSION_THRESHOLD_PUNISHMENT", "120"); define("agCOMMENT_POST_THRESHOLD", "5"); define("agCOMMENT_TIME_THRESHOLD", "60"); define("agCOMMENT_THRESHOLD_PUNISHMENT", "120"); define("agTEXT_WHISPERED", "Private"); define("agTEXT_STICKY", "Sticky"); define("agTEXT_CLOSED", "Closed"); define("agTEXT_HIDDEN", "Hidden"); define("agTEXT_BOOKMARKED", ""); define("agTEXT_PREFIX", "["); define("agTEXT_SUFFIX", "]"); // String Formatting Settings define("agDEFAULTSTRINGFORMAT", "Text"); define("agFORMATSTRINGFORDISPLAY", "DISPLAY"); define("agFORMATSTRINGFORDATABASE", "DATABASE"); // Application Mode Constants define("agMODE_DEBUG", "DEBUG"); define("agMODE_RELEASE", "RELEASE"); define("agMODE_UPGRADE", "UPGRADE"); // Registration settings define("agDEFAULT_ROLE", "0"); define("agALLOW_IMMEDIATE_ACCESS", "0"); define("agAPPROVAL_ROLE", "3"); // Application version - Don't change this value or you may have // problems upgrading later. define("agVANILLA_VERSION", "0.9.2.6"); // Note: Vanilla 0.9.2.6 included some extremely important security patches. // If you do not have this version installed, we highly recommend that you replace your old vanilla // files with this version. It is okay to leave all files in the appg folder as they are. ?>
  • Options
    I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but a lot of people have been having trouble with backslashes (\) in paths.

Change them to forward slashes (/) in line 10 and see if that fixes anything
  • Options
    That was it...thanks Bergamot! Perhaps we should have this added to the troubleshooting section for Windows users... D
This discussion has been closed.