Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Filter Star does not filter Subject.

AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This is great. However, right now it does not filter the subject text, only the message text. Please add filtering for the subject text also. Thank you.

Comments

• I took a look at this, and it's not as straightforward as I would have hoped. It might even require a change to the core Vanilla app. I will look into it in more detail later. Been kinda busy these days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Thank you so much for looking into this.
  • No problem. I uploaded a new version that gives you the option of filtering discussion titles at the expense of permanently changing the title text. As far as I could tell, there's no reliable way to filter discussion titles without permanently changing them. Hope this helps.
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2011
    If you use grep you can usually find where something is fast. Have a look in class.controller.php and look for these:

$Sender->Title()
    $Sender->Head->Title()
    $Sender->SetData('Title', $Title)

grep is your friend.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    It is one of the beauties of this addon that it can manipulate text without changing the text in the database.