Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

QnA

422422 Developer MVP
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Noticed that on here , if I select Ask a Question the form controller ( js )
Which is in your qns.js
$('#Form_PostDiscussion').val(gdn.definition($(this).attr('rel')+'Button', 'Post Discussion'));
This is missing from the qns.js file in the download package.

Also, by button ( ask a Question ) doesnt change below textarea when creating a post based on the button I select above the text area.. make sense ?

Perhaps I am missing some files,.. also noted that QnA is bundled with latest build .18.1 but its not in my package .

Cheers

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I think I haven't uploaded Q&A for a while. It's in our addons repo, so I'll have a look.
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    Cheers Todd , no dramas. Just a quick pointer too. The opacity message that appears to click accept answers, could this be anchored on here somewhere else .. It's a bugger on iPads.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Just another couple of requests.

Your using js to change this to this etc.
    So when clicking Questions button its state changes to active. Its not immediately apparent to most noobs that they have actually selected this button ..

So either set up a controller to dim the other button .. or place a tick perhaps using unicode / ascii dependant on html or js based, triggered by active status.

Check mark ✓ — &# 10003 ; (remove spaces)

Heavy check mark ✔ — &# 10004 ; (remove spaces)

This way there is no issues with people getting confused.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'll have a look on an iPad to see what you're looking at.

As for your second point I think you're talking about the tabs that switch between "Ask a Question" and "Start a Discussion." I think maybe just making the colours a little bit more clear would be a better solution. I'd actually prefer to make it look more like tabs the way Facebook does it, but I wanted to work within the constraints of the default theme.
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Hmm .. I could look at implementing that.. Bear with me