Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

YaBB Convert to Vanilla 0.9.2.6

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm in the process of writing a script to convert my current YaBB board to Vanilla. I've got the "User Convertor" just about finished just going to adapt parts of the Avator&Image Resizer code to it so I can automatically create the icons and move the avators over. This way I am not grabbing every avator out of my YaBB directory. http://www.brandinfection.com/development/vanilla_forum Going to email the author first to be sure they don't mind me using their code. However here is the code for now, with this and a few minor changes to the variables and copying your avators manually you can have your users over to Vanilla in a jiff!

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2006
    v0.02 is now ready. Remember to always make a backup first!

Download
  • Options
    yeah i'm fine with that.
  • Options
    Thanks!

I've just got to fix a problem with the "Atributes" field for all the users and then the initial release I guess is done.

This creates all your YaBB users in Vanilla and then copies over all the avatars and creates icons of them.

Next of course is the challenge and that is all the messages, although I'm not sure I want to bother my board doesn't have such a huge usage base but maybe I will just for the heck of it.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    v0.02 is now ready. Remember to always make a backup first!

Download
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone is following my progress or if anyone even wants/needs this but hey I'm having fun.

v0.03 is complete (automatic creating of roles from YaBB Member Groups)

v0.04 is in the works
    - creation of category [DONE]
    - creation of discussions (with updating user counts) [DONE]
    - creation of comments (with updating user counts) [working]
  • Options
    v0.04 is now ready. Remember to always make a backup first!

Download

From YaBB 1.3.x to Vanilla 0.9.2.6

Copy users and avatars
    Copy Roles (Member Groups)
    Copy Categories (Boards)

You will still need to go in and clean up Role titles, categories titles and assign your roles to the categories but the messages and the users get copied over and the discussion and comment counts are in tact.
  • Options
    @CC The aforementioned download link is broken.

Does anyone have this on file? It's not in the add-ons. (does i make sense for 1.0.1?)
  • Options
    Google cache is your friend.

View source then cut off the cruft google added at the top including the >hr<

I believe the tables are mostly unchanged between this and 1.0.1
  • Options
    Got it, not sure if I should upload to add-ons (it's not tested). Too big to post here. If someone else wants it, I'm just a whisper away.. (ask me for yabbtovanilla.zip)
This discussion has been closed.