Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Display full timestamp

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I noticed that the timestamps just state the date if the post was made the previous day. I can't seem to find where this is happening in the code. Is there a way to display the full time stamp at least for a few weeks or months?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    weird ours display for example: November 15 , August 12 etc ? doesnt yours ? Or are you after timeago system ? like 3 hrs ago , 1 day ago .. or

18th November 2011 @ 15.27pm ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    if the post was made today it shows the time. If it was made any other day it just shows the date.
  • Options
    any ideas?
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    What use is it to display the time of a post two years ago in this manner.

Just curious, by the way this is a simple fix.. But why use it?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    /application/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:56

The call to Gdn_Format::Date() is given just 1 parameter, defaulting to the variable format you described above (changing based on elapsed time). If you manually specify the second argument, you can use a single date format for all time ranges.

This parameter is a string, and consists of formatting commands for PHP's "strftime" function: http://php.net/strftime

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    well it doesn't have to show two years ago, but a fews days or a few weeks would be useful