Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Having many issues with Vanilla

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Vanilla version 2.0.17.10
I first had an encouter with Vanilla on another OS community, which supports the integration of vanilla and i found out that i could actually use vanilla for some of my intended project. I kick started but i've been having serious issues with some plugins in here, tried all changes yet no avail.
They are:
1. FeedDiscusssions plugin, i installed, but nothing is happening, i even used the modified copy at github, same problem.
2. FileUpload, i tried 1.5.2 version, but it didn't work, tried 1.4.4 as adviced by another forum member, nothing happened too.
3. Google sign in plugin, it's giving error.
Please note that before posting this I have searched the forum including search engines but couldn't find a solution to my problems. I hope someone will help me out.

Ps
I tried upgrading from 2.0.17.10 to 2.0.18.1, modified the database as advised but all i got is errors and inaccessibility when i tried to restore my backup. Vanilla is simple but looks like it's not user-friendly(admin). I want the upload to work aon both mobile and desktop.

Comments

• Options
    Kickstart your project with 2.0.18

Download 2.0.18

Install fileupload 1.5.2 with 2.0.18 and it works
    Don't know about feeddiscussions, try to search in the forum, there are threads about this addon.
    if errors give details

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    I already started the project and it's running, so i should forgo all the time and stress in pulling all together, because of an update that may not eventually work? I thought the plugin FileUpload was actually meant for Vanilla 2.0.9, why is it working for 2.0.17.10. I went with the opinion of a post that said version 1.4.4 works for my vanilla version but all to no avail. And why's it so difficult to upgrade the core to a newer version. I can't lose my posts and users all in the name of upgrade. This is really parthetic and worrisome. When i tried upgrading it gave an error of duplicates, all the errors were database errors.

PS
    I have searched extensively the forum without solutions before deciding to start this discussion, i hope would be keen enough to put me through. Thank you
  • Options
    I know 2.0.18 has lots of bugs and i'm not ready for another stress, my upgrade was to 2.0.18.1 which almost 'crash-landed' my whole project.
  • Options
    why is it working for 2.0.17.10
    Because the latest version is compatible with the latest version of Vanilla, which is 2.0.18 and not 2.0.17.
    I went with the opinion of a post that said version 1.4.4 works for my vanilla version but all to no avail.
    1.4.4 is available somewhere on the forum, just go through all the posts related to FileUpload and "why can't I upload" or "it keeps loading and never finishes" or "it gives me fatal errors that functions are missing" (those missing functions are available in 2.0.18)
    And why's it so difficult to upgrade the core to a newer version.
    Because being headstrong is probably one of your positive sides...
    When i tried upgrading it gave an error of duplicates, all the errors were database errors.
    Of course you kept the details and you opened forum topics about them. You of course did the upgrade in a test environment so you didn't affect the live environment.
    This upgrade testing was of course performed when Vanilla was still in Beta stage, so you could report the problem before we went to final...
    I have searched extensively the forum without solutions before deciding to start this discussion, i hope would be keen enough to put me through. Thank you
    Good luck

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    I appreciate your effort as regards your assistance. But even the FileUpload 1.4.4 never worked, and the core upgrade i did was on a live environment, and the whole community almost crash-landed. I have no problem upgrading to 2.0.18.1 as long as It won't mess up the whole project and that the other plugins that i've installed would be compatible with vanilla 2.0.18.1, this i'm not sure off. I'd appreciate if you could give me an explicit details of how to successfully upgrade from 2.0.17.10 to 2.0.18.1