Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

SMTP Error with GoDaddy hosting/email

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a forum set up on a GoDaddy server with a valid email account created under the same domain. In settings>outgoing email, I have checked "Use an SMTP server to send email" with the host as relay-hosting.secureserver.net, email address/pwd. I am still getting "SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You'll should ask GoDaddy support about this. We have no control over their service.
  • Options
    Called GoDaddy and they ran a test script. Said the relay service is working correctly and that it must be an issue with the mail script from the forum.
  • Options
    @sandmkt are you sure you configure it correctly using the correct ports.

with gmail I use TLS. I find TLS works better than SSL although they are similar.
    For your Outgoing Server, if you select This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) use port 465. If you do not have SSL enabled, use port 587 (requires TLS), 25, 80, or 3535
    try relay-hosting.secureserver.net port 465 and all the other combinations.

grep is your friend.