Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Registration option: New users are only registered through SSO plugins.

DirtyDogDirtyDog ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have this option selected and Facebook and Google ID plugins enabled but there is no place for a user to sign in with either of these services. The register/sign in block is missing completely from the right column. Am I doing something wrong?

Answers

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    GuestModule.
    Check if you have GuestModule in Panel in config.php or config-defaults.php - if its there else you will have to add it as below
    $Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Panel'] = array('NewDiscussionModule', 'SignedInModule', 'MyProfile', 'GuestModule', 'Ads');

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    I added this line to config but its still not working. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    Check for all //Modules in config-defaults.php - if the all modules have GuestModule in panel.

• Options
    I'm confused about config-defaults.php. The files says do not edit. Should I edit it anyway? Do I need to make this change to both the config-defaults.php and config.php?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    No Do not edit it. CHeck if GuestModule is there - if its not there then copy everything in your Config.php and then make the changes.

• Options
    Can someone tell me what the formatting tags for code are?
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    just < code > and < pre >

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    There is another config option:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Modules']['ShowGuestModule'] = TRUE;
  • Options
    I didn't see Todd's reply but it seems the problem is that if the Facebook application is not yet registered, then the guest module does not appear at all which doesn't seem like intended behavior for the block.