Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

OPEN FORUM

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello Vanilla Community,

Is there any way to skip registration and login processes so that anybody (any guest) can actually start a discussion or make comments in the forum? That is, is it possible to convert vanilla to a simple guestbook.

Thanks in advance!!
V.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    setting guest permissions in dashboard

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    but through those settings we have only VIEW options for guests @422

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    ahh, ... hadnt spotted that. My apologies

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    This really isn't something that should be done with Vanilla and I'm really not sure how it would work out.
  • Options
    Make a guest account, then make the password public so people can login and post.
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    there is a plugin that allows you to enable anonymous posting.. i am currently using it on talkSFU
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for your fast replies. Actually, I am looking for a plugin as the one Raize talks about. I guess it is this one: Anonymous

It allows both registered and anonymous users to post in the forum, however, it seems not to be up to date since it doesn't work and produces quite a lot errors running with the last Vanilla version (2.0.18.1).

Any other suggestion?
    Thanks again.