Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Custom theme creation

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi guys,
I tried contacting someone from vanillaforums.com but did not receive a reply - Don't know what went wrong. Hence I'm asking on here.

I was shown the penny arcade forums (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/) by one of our users and the look/feel of it was better accepted by our community than the out of the box looks of vanilla forums.
So here comes my question, how much would it cost to get a penny arcade like forum theme (roughly estimated)? And would it be free for us to mod/tune/do whatever we want with it?

Regards

Best Answer

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How much, wouldn't know. Find someone willing to make you one and they will set you a price. It is also up to you and them whether you are allowed to tinker around with it. What I do, is get a whole lot of themes from the addons library, take all the cool bits out of them, and mash them all together into one theme.

However, if you are able to do that, then you are probably able to make your own theme from scratch you can use the theme guide Here as well

Answers

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    How much, wouldn't know. Find someone willing to make you one and they will set you a price. It is also up to you and them whether you are allowed to tinker around with it. What I do, is get a whole lot of themes from the addons library, take all the cool bits out of them, and mash them all together into one theme.

However, if you are able to do that, then you are probably able to make your own theme from scratch you can use the theme guide Here as well