Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Adding an OpenID to your account after registering without one?

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi. I can't find a way to do this. Is it possible? If not, please consider this a feature request. Thank you! :)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    If you register with the same email as the old account the system will ask you for your password and then your accounts will be linked.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    If you register with the same email as the old account the system will ask you for your password and then your accounts will be linked.
  • Options

Hey Todd, thanks for that fantastically fast reply!

Ok, that's good. But how are anyone supposed to know that? I wish there was a button in my settings to "connect your OpenID to this account", or something like that. Or at least the same info about how to do it as you gave me now. Could that be done? If not, then I' very sure that an overwhelming majority of the people who'd like to do this will not actually figure out how to.

• Options

We'll take a pull request if you want to develop that. That's what open source is all about!

• Options
    edited February 2012

I would if I could code… :) FOSS is awesome!

Maybe there should be a place to add ideas for any coder that want to help to take and start working on?