Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum has lots of critical bugs, please help

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was pretty excited about trying out Vanilla as main plattform for my community (spilldiskusjon.no), but there has been lots of errors which makes me regret it... I really hope someone out there knows how to fix these issues I am having.

Critical:
- The view-counter is always at 1
- Last activity by is wrong, doesnt show the last commenter (http://spilldiskusjon.no/index.php?p=/categories/nintendo-artikler , top article)
- "last comment" disappears after some time...

Irritating:
- If you click mark as read it does'nt return you to homepage but /discussions (mine is categories/all)
- If you enlarge a picture, you can't make it smaller again
- No members list...

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    There is a post related to your question here.

Answers

• Options
    No member list is not a critical bug...
    For the others open some issues on github.
  • Options
    I know that is not a critical bugs, but it is one of the bugs I have, but view counter, last comment are as they make it impossible to check out what happens on the forum.
  • Options
    You are going to need to register for analytics to get your view counts to increase. There is a statistics item at the bottom of your dashboard.

I don't know about your other two issues, but they are not well described and there are no known bugs that ring a bell.

Make sure you have updated to the latest stable version.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response, I tried to re-register API-key, but I just get "problems with credentials" and I dont know where this analytics youre talking about.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Your site is trying to register for it's key over and over, but it isn't saving on your end. Is your config.php writeable?

When I say there is a statistics item at the bottom of your dashboard I mean "Click on Dashboard and look for a link called Statistics." It should be near the bottom.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    There is a post related to your question here.
  • Options
    You are going to need to register for analytics to get your view counts to increase. There is a statistics item at the bottom of your dashboard.
    So in other words if you disable analytics, view counts will no longer increase?