Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Create New Notifications/Activies

clethrillclethrill ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there some way possible to be able to share new things that get posted on the activity page. For example, if we have the plugin aboutme and a user fills out some details, can we share an activity for that? or maybe with the plugin kpoll (haven't actually used it myself) to post that you have given an answer to the poll.

Of course also add settings in 'my preferences' to say what I share and what I don't.

If you didn't understand that, it is late, but I will check back tomorrow and try to add greater clarity.

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Is there a way to create new notifications without programming? No.

Is there a way to create new notifications with programming? Yes.

Which question were you asking?

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Is there a way to create new notifications without programming? No.

Is there a way to create new notifications with programming? Yes.

Which question were you asking?
  • Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    The one with the answer as yes :D
  • Options

Since I want to know the answer as well, let me ask it directly: can anyone provide an example of how to create a notification programatically?

• Options

CurtisOden said:
    Since I want to know the answer as well, let me ask it directly: can anyone provide an example of how to create a notification programatically?

What he (I am assuming) said. I really want to implement this.