Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change backround color of these?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I need to change the background color of Conversation page to match my website color, second how can I change the text color on profile page under about, it is very gray I can not read it.. Where can I change login windows background which is white and the top bar is light blue. The last thing is I want to add my own footer of my website which has 5 links Home, Contact, About, Privacy and site map. I did play around with style.cc and I have changed some of the thing, but these I could not figure.

Sorry for my many questions at once. But I am sure these will be useful to other users as will who want to make these changes. Thanks in Advance.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Post LINK to forum.
    Post screenshots, with pointers to what you want to change.

Then we can help.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

Upload image to your server or a 3rd party. Then click the img icon in a new post. Or wrap your image around the image tags. ( added spaces to allow it to be seen below )

< img >< /img >

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Post LINK to forum.
    Post screenshots, with pointers to what you want to change.

Then we can help.

• edited December 2011

Ok thanks how to post the screenshots?
    http://www.afghanwebguide.com/forum/

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

Upload image to your server or a 3rd party. Then click the img icon in a new post. Or wrap your image around the image tags. ( added spaces to allow it to be seen below )

< img >< /img >

• Hello agian I uploaded you can look at it. Here is the link
    http://www.afghanwebguide.com/forum/forum.html

• 422422 Developer MVP

Thats a lot of changes. Ok easiest thing to do.

Use Firefox.
    Download and deploy firebug

Then goto those areas , one by one and right click them exactly where you want to do changes, and INSPECT element.

Write down the values, or classes for these items.

Then in your forum/themes/custom-theme/design/...
    create a file called custom.css

Then depending on how brave you are... but option one i would do.

Options:
    1. copy style.css and paste into custom.css ( location above ) save
    2. find exact css classes and attributes you need to change, and add them one by one and customise on custom.css ( location above )

Save , and test and keep doing it until its how you want.

ALWAYS work on your OWN theme not on MASTER theme !!!

• ok thanks I will give it try.

• Thanks for pointing me to the firebug I never used that one, it is very cool and it made my life easy. I have fixed all what I wanted, the only thing I gave up is changing the footer, that look like more work. I have to change it on each page I guise.