Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Add to Sidebar

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

Continuing the development of my application and run in to a problem with something I would like to do. I would like to add blocks to the sidebar depending on what page you are on. I remember seeing something similar with plugins using hooks but how is this done using an application?

Thanks for all your help :)

Answers

• ToddTodd Vanilla Staff
    edited December 2011

So there's a lot of things you can do, but I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish so I'll just give you a few pointers to get you started.

1. In an application, your settings/class.hooks.php is like a plugin for your application. Everything you can do in a plugin you can do in your hooks class because it is a plugin too.
    2. Create a module. Create a module that displays what you want and then add it to the panel with $Sender->AddModule('ModuleName', 'Panel').
    3. You can add a module in an event handler or just in a controller method.