Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to put an ads like adsense?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i dont know how to put advertisement on my forum site,if theres a plug in please provide me,i want to publish ads with different provider

Answers

• Options

check out the pockets plugin. You can choose where to put them, then just paste in the html and script tags for your ads.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I simply put the adsense code into a message in my sidebar. You could also put one wherever else messages supports built in.

• Options

ok thanks for comments feed back later

• Options

hey i enable the pocket plug in where can i find it!sorry im noob!thanks

• Options

Hi all.
    Here's a wild idea. What if we are to allow members to put their own 234x60 (the smallest possible) Ad Sense code as part of their signatures?

i.e. we'd allow encourage them to interact more, with each message displaying their Ad Sense ad.

• Options

That sounds like a terrible idea, and is also against the adsense ToS regarding the number of ads on a single page.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Why not allow members to sponsor a page, or have a topsites style page for members to display their own ad. Then give them ref link for signature to tht page

• Options

How about this: each member earns different karma points by answering meaningfully discussions, so that others can Accept or Like his/her posts. Or any other participation, even reading, also earns karma points but less points, etc. (definable)

THEN.... the karma points can be turned into ad points, for instance 10 points = 1 day of add display on a side panel.

This way active members can advertise without paying money on the webiste. Benefit for everyone.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

big project ... your gonna need a php guy for that