Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how can i put google analytics on my site

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

where can i put the tracking code on my site!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I'm also interested. There are two plugins out, but they aren't approved. Wouldn't it be as simple as pasting the code in the default master php header? Anyone know?

• Options

try pockets plugin. you can use it to paste the code.

grep is your friend.

• Options

x00 said:
    try pockets plugin. you can use it to paste the code.

You're the man, x00! Pockets is awesome. Last question, is it good/bad to create a pocket for Google Analytics before/after the "head"? What's best? I imagine if place in the wrong pocket it may not report the same or have issues? I put it "before" the "head". Thanks, buddy. Truly appreciate your help!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

We always place GA in the foot. But , google do state in the head section.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

422 said:
    We always place GA in the foot. But , google do state in the head section.

Right, but pocket allows you to "before" or "after"... does it matter which?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Before or after what?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

It really doesnt matter.

Personally unless you are trying to track different areas independantly (like using a different tracking code for categories 1 - 12) I would just put the code right into your theme default master. Pockets is overkill.