HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

No theme after enabling this addon

This discussion is related to the Page Speed addon.
aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Whenever I enable this addon, all I get is white page with all links and texts. There seems to be no CSS or JS. No theme after enabling this addon.

@S Please look into this.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bh8vnbh8vn
    Accepted Answer

I have the same problem with aery and seems there no solution for this?

Answers

• SS ✭✭

Is this localhost or remote server?
    Plugin PageSpeed requires internet connection to add jQuery/jQueryUI from Google CDN and to compress JavaScript.
    Dou you have it?

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

it is on production server. I do have internet connection and was testing it. Should I show you the screenshot?

• aery said:
    it is on production server. I do have internet connection and was testing it. Should I show you the screenshot?

Check in page source, did you have correct URL to Jquery, it should look like:
    http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js

S
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

check cache/ps/

grep is your friend.

S
  • SS ✭✭
    1. What page speed settings are you using?
    2. Provide content what you have in <head> tag
    3. Enable DebugMode $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;
      There some trigger_error() in plugin, maybe it helps to determine an error.
  • SS ✭✭
    edited December 2011

4. Check page source

• SS ✭✭
    edited December 2011

aery said:
    The cache/ps folder is empty.

It shouldn't be...

As soon as I enable the addon, the dashboard becomes CSSless with no theme. I have not implemented any settings yet.

S said:

aery said:
    The cache/ps folder is empty.

It shouldn't be...

Then what should I do?

On viewing source

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/forum/cache/ps/applications.732465870.css" media="all" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/forum/themes/daone/design/favicon.png" type="image/x-icon" />
    <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.gtricks.com/forum/dashboard/settings/plugins/all" />
    <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/forum/cache/ps/library.4108050209.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/forum/cache/ps/applications.1960177809.js" type="text/javascript"></script></head>

all the script source are empty.

• SS ✭✭
    edited December 2011

I see that you run vanilla in directory, maybe that is problem. But I tested plugin for directory but it was a long time ago.

Also, I know that PHP in safe mode cant create files. Your PHP in safe mode?

I dont know what to do, enable debug mode, file_put_contents() should generate an error if it fails.

How to check whether PHP is in safe mode or not?

I have enabled debug mode from config file but could not find any details.

Can you please explain this sentance -

Enable DebugMode $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; There some trigger_error() in plugin, maybe it helps to determine an error

After 2 hours I had some files in PS folder but unfortunately CSS files are empty, though JS files are compressed. here is the snapshot.

• sound like a problem I had before with the filepath. What version of pagespeed are you using?

grep is your friend.

The latest one, version 1.88 with latest vanilla and useful functions.

• bh8vnbh8vn
    Accepted Answer

I have the same problem with aery and seems there no solution for this?