Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

connect() timed out!

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello all!

Since moving hosts I have had trouble using proxyconnect3 with wordpress. Clicking the login in button from vanilla works as expected, but once logging in to wordpress nothing happens on the vanilla side. I deleted the existing plugins and tried again with the newest version (1.9.9) but get the following error when I test the authentication:

connect() timed out!
Could not understand the ini response received from the AuthenticateURL. Your application is not responding in a way that ProxyConnect understands!
TEST FAILED

Anyone experienced this? Or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Seems like proxyconnect couldn't connect to your wordpress. Check the URL in Authentication > ProxyConnect.

Make sure your DNS resolves properly. Etc.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Answer ✓

huzzah! after talking to my host it's not a vanilla problem at all, but rather the quirks of the hosting provider. They worked it out by adding an internal zone for my domain that resolved the internal ip and it works like a dream.

Sorry for the false alarm!

Thanks again.

Answers

Answer ✓

Seems like proxyconnect couldn't connect to your wordpress. Check the URL in Authentication > ProxyConnect.

Make sure your DNS resolves properly. Etc.

• edited December 2011

I recopied the same url from the wordpress side of things - and my dns resolves perfectly.

Is there a way to regenerate the vanilla challenge key? Could that be the problem somehow?

additional info:
    The forum is a sub directory of the wordpress site (i just have it in a 'forum' folder of the wordpress install)

connect() isn't working. It has nothing to do with the challenge key. I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Answer ✓

huzzah! after talking to my host it's not a vanilla problem at all, but rather the quirks of the hosting provider. They worked it out by adding an internal zone for my domain that resolved the internal ip and it works like a dream.

Sorry for the false alarm!

Thanks again.

@mixedfeelings glad you got this sorted out :)