Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Registration Data Forum

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have searched the forum but find nothing. My English is very bad.

I just want to know if possible ask for more data when someone is logged in the forum.

Tagged:

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

It's hard to understand what you're asking for here. Can you maybe ask the question more elaborately in your native language and paste a Google translation of it here?

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

Of you want some more details about user - like where is user from what does he do then there is a plugin called aboutme in plugin section

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• To see if you understand so ...

Now, by registering as a user, the registration request:

email:
    username:
    password:
    Confirm Password:

I would like to add data fields ...

Address:
    Province:
    ...... etc

It is now understood?

• sahotataran is right, this plugin is what you are looking for :
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/aboutme-plugin

yes the about me plugin lets you add whatever information you want your users to enter. but again it depends on user if he wants to enter the information or not. you can just announce a thread for all users to fill in their all details for more user connectivity.

and by customising adboutme you can add additional fields you want for user to enter

• Ok, I understand, but I need one they have to write the data to register.

There is something?

Thanks for the help you are giving me.

for that you will have to customise the registration form - again user might find it hard to fill in all details

• edited January 2012

If I want to remove the gender information, could i just delete the following code from this file?

www\applications\dashboard\views\entry\register*.php:

<?php echo $this->Form->Label('Gender', 'Gender'); echo $this->Form->RadioList('Gender', $this->GenderOptions, array('default' => 'm')) ?>
  • PamelaPamela ✭✭

woodchip said:
    If I want to remove the gender information, could i just delete the following code from this file?

www\applications\dashboard\views\entry\register*.php:

<?php echo $this->Form->Label('Gender', 'Gender'); echo $this->Form->RadioList('Gender', $this->GenderOptions, array('default' => 'm')) ?>

Is it working :) Is it the best way ?

• i added @brainache s plugin: vanillaforums.org/addon/922/botstop -which adds an extra question to registration form- maybe looking at the code for it, you can find out how to add what you would like to add to registration form-