Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

managing extensions

edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i just went to the 'manage extensions' section and all of the 'enable/disable' options are set to 'enable'. I do not have the option to disable anymore. any ideas???? not sure what to do.


  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Are you sure they're not all disabled already?
  • Yes, I am certain. The majority are already enabled. In order for me to install a new extension, I have to upload the extension in the 'extension' directory [obviously] : ) then i go to manage extensions and enable it [even though it just refreshes the screen]. last, i open up the extensions.php file and add the 'include' a weird thing is that even though it shows up under 'manage extensions' UI, it does not show the 'include' in the extension.php. once i add that, the extensions works. strange to me and not really sure how to go about fixing this. any guidance is appreciated.... if its too much hassle, then i have no problem doing it manually for now. take care...
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The only thing I can think of is that your extension.php file doesn't have proper permissions on it, so the form isn't able to open and write to it.
  • i even set extensions.php to 777 still will not work. i saw another posting similar to this and the person had this problem after installing the feedreader extension. i think that is the last extension i installed too.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2006
    Have you tried manually disabling it to see if that fixes your problem?
  • yes, i have. by manual, i removed the include for the feedreader.php from the extensions.php file. it simple removed that extension, but did not solve the enable/disable toggle. i can just continue to do it manually - not a big deal. if you come across a solution by chance, then please post it. thanks for your help....
  • so i figured out the problem, in case anyone encounters this: for some reason, my extensions.php file had all of the 'includes' on one line with no spaces. so i changed it to where each include had its own line. this fixed the problem of not being able to enable/disable.
  • I also had problems with this. I changed the permission of the extensions.php file to 777 and still not able to enable the extension on the Manage Extensions menu. Each include also has its own line and still not able to enable the extension. I can disable it okay, but not the enable part.
This discussion has been closed.