Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Reversal of Activity and Recipient?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Apologies if this is a repeat of something that's been answered, but I can't find it anywhere.

So I had the problem some have mentioned here about how and activity feed was showing reversed Actor and Recipient. ( Basically, if I created an account for someone, the activity account shows that THEY created and account for ME. )

I used the fix in this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14965

That fixed my activity feed. (mostly...what should be 'You' shows as 'you')

However, I now have found that when I send someone private message, I get an email notification telling me that THEY send ME a message, with the content of the message I sent them. Likewise, I get no email notification when they send me a message. (They get the email instead.)

This leads me to believe that somewhere at the very core, or all over the code, there's a major reversal of the "Actor" and "Recipient".

Any idea what this is, and how I can fix it site-wide?

Answers

• ToddTodd Vanilla Staff

What version of Vanilla are you using?

• Did I say something wrong?

I am now also open to idea for better ways to search for an answer for this, since none seem to be coming in this thread.