Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Read CSS class and Discussions button

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey! I'm trying to make Vanilla look more like other forum scripts. I've done almost everything on categories/all page. I still need to fix one functionality - if there's an unread post in category, theme has to show file "on.png", and if there isn't, it has to show "off.png". Unfortunately, I can't make it work. I'm using "Read" property as the base. Code looks like that:

$Read = $Category -> Read ? 'off' : 'on';
echo 'image';

Unfortunately, it sometimes works, but sometimes doesn't. Forums are here: http://forums.mtasa.pl/. Can someone help me? I can't really find other property which would give the result I want.

Also, is there a way of changing link of Discussions button? So it will point to categories/all instead of discussions

Best Answer

• dfoxxdfoxx New
    Answer ✓

pzduniak said:
    Also, is there a way of changing link of Discussions button? So it will point to categories/all instead of discussions

you can find out more about routes here: vanillaforums.org/page/routes

i'm not 100% on how this is supposed to work, but you can try to change the value of DefaultForumRoot and DefaultController to internally target 'categories/all'. if that doesn't work just add your own route where the route expression 'discussions' targets 'categories/all'.

Answers

• dfoxxdfoxx New
    Answer ✓

pzduniak said:

you can find out more about routes here: vanillaforums.org/page/routes

i'm not 100% on how this is supposed to work, but you can try to change the value of DefaultForumRoot and DefaultController to internally target 'categories/all'. if that doesn't work just add your own route where the route expression 'discussions' targets 'categories/all'.

• Thanks. What about read icon then? I don't really want to modify core classes in order to fix it