Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page Not Found Error After Signout

GMSkarkaGMSkarka New
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

After a user signs out, they get taken to the following URL:

www.intothefarwest.com/forum/forum/entry/signout/B5U884GFY6CC?Target=categories%2Fall

Which generates a Page Not Found error -- and I figured out why: Vanilla is trying to send the user to "forum/entry/signout/etc." in a file structure that already begins with intothefarwest.com/forum/

How do I repair this? Renaming my folder from /forum isn't going to help (I tried it), because all of the set-up data was based on that file structure.

Any ideas? Or do I need to scrap and re-install with a different structure?

Comments

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

@GMSkarka
    in your config-defaults.php find the line

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl']

copy this to config.php and try changing the values there

usually its about having / in front or not - may b that will fix your problem

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

What version of Vanilla are you using? Are you the GMSkarka?

• Options

Todd -- using 2.0.17.10. Haven't updated yet, but planning to. Wanted to get this issue resolved first. And yeah, I'm "the" Gareth-Michael Skarka. (Never heard of myself referred to as "the" before....)

sahotataran -- not sure what you mean. plus, generally I don't like mucking around with config files on a "may b". Thanks anyway.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Hmm. I just installed 2.0.17.10 and can't reproduce the issue you're having. I'm not sure if your theme has been customized or what.

Try ftping to your forum and opening the .htaccess file. You're going to have to view hidden files. There are a few lines of comments in there that might help you out. They say the following:

# Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    # RewriteBase /

Keep your ftp program open because if it doesn't work then you'll have to revert it back. I'm hoping this works, but since your other links work it seems quite strange and maybe something related to your custom theme.

• Options

@GMSkarka try setting your categories setting (view / whatever) not to categories / all but to another setting, I don't think you will get the error in that case.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Underdog -- could you elaborate? I'm a bit of a dunce.