Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Limit Access to User Information

edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I can't seem to find a discussion on this topic, so I decided to post one. I would like to see the ability to allow a user to select a limit on the access of their information. I.E. A user can say whether or not they want their member information to be viewable to non-members, or be public. Also, it would be nice if a user could request that a custom field/value in their profile could be private (viewable only by members) or public (viewable by all) on a per-field basis. Any thoughts on this? I am very new to Vanilla, and although I consider myself a pretty good PHP developer, it would take me quite some time to get aquainted with the Vanilla system before I could begin writing an extension/modification for this. So, any tips on implementing this type of functionality would also be very welcome.
This discussion has been closed.