Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Page Speed Incompatible

swookswook
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have found that Page Speed does not work well with this plugin.
What does not work is the images for the buttons, they do not show up and the css rules for their background-images cease to exist once Page Speed is enabled.

Since Page Speed works flawlessly with all other plugins I have ever tried,
I am suspecting a small error in your css code.

Please do look into it!

Best Answer

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

How about you look into it? I don't use Page Speed, and the Button Bar works fine without any remote tomfoolery with the links.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answers

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

How about you look into it? I don't use Page Speed, and the Button Bar works fine without any remote tomfoolery with the links.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    swookswook
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry for wrongfully assuming that your plugin may be at fault.
    It seems like Page Speed currently does not do a perfect job of aggregating all css and js files for plugins, with links not being converted to the correct relative links with respect to the current page.

I will look into that at a later date.

Thank you for your less than friendly reply.
    While I understand that minifying files is not too important, every little bit matters for most people and I do appreciate the fact that the independently managed Page Speed works better than Vanilla's Minify.

Edit:
    After further inspection, the error seems to be due to the non-existence of a default jQuery version value.
    Setting the version to 1.7.1 for example in /settings/pagespeed solved this issue.

• Options

Thanks, I'll close the thread then.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.