Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Intermittent bug: mobile theme discussions get "stuck" on a particular post.

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I haven't yet been able to track down the when of this bug, let alone the why. Occasionally, when opening a discussion on a mobile device, the user will be unable to scroll up or down. As soon as you release your thumb, the forum jumps back to the post it directed you to when you open the discussion. Has this happened to anyone else?

I should add that it's not permanent. Sometimes after moving on to another thread and then coming back, the but no longer presents.

Answers

• Options
    edited December 2011

Same issue here. It seems to me that it happens in all threads but can be fixed by refreshing the page.

I'll check back in if I figure anything out.

• Options

Chase_McClure said:
    Same issue here. It seems to me that it happens in all threads but can be fixed by refreshing the page.

I'll check back in if I figure anything out.

You're right, but of course you can't refresh the page (at least on my iPhone, you can't), because when you try and scroll up to the menu bar to refresh, this glitch automatically pulls you back down to the post you started on.

Anyone know where I could start looking for a solution?

• Options

Bump. Not even sure where I could start looking. Could it be a problem with the database of some kind?

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

one of my users reported this condition yesterday. no idea where to look, but seems unlikely to be db related

• Options

Another bump as I'm still having this issue, and have not the faintest idea where to start looking. Any help?

• Options

I am having this issue as well!

• Options

Another bump, because I'm not sure what else to do. 4 people with the same bug, can anybody give me suggestions on where to look?

• Options
    edited March 2012

Have reinstalled the mobile theme with no effect. Is there anybody's attention I can bring this to, or is that bad form? It sometimes makes looking at this forum on a mobile device near useless.

http://vancouversouthsiders.ca/forum

• Options

Bumpity bump. Installed a test forum with no plugins enabled to rule out a conflict there, and the problem persists.

It's not the plugin, it's not the theme, someone above thinks it isn't the database. What could it be??

• Options

More testing: Using my test forum, I installed the latest version of Vanilla and connected it to the same database that my regular forum uses. Everything worked fine.

I then started copying files from my regular forum to the test forum. Using this method, I think the problem lies in the Uploads folder. Specifically, I think it's the userpics folder. I copy the userpics folder in, I get the bug. Delete the userpics folder, no bug.

• Options

@Chase_McClure @hbf @NorthwestVeloSite
    Did any of you guys happen upon a fix for this?

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

No. I only have had one user complaint with these symptoms, and he only mentioned once, so i never tried to replicate the issue.

• Options

@Chris_Withers nyet. I ran across it myself a number of times but could not replicate it intentionally. I have not seen it myself recently, nor have my users.