Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

<embed> Vanilla not forcing remote url

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So I've setup embed vanilla for both WP and Vanilla, and have enabled forcing users through the remote url, yet when i visit http://mydomain.com/vanilla, it doesn't redirect. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

usually thats a htaccess issue. Not sure ( I dont use or have ever used embed feature )

p.s. Nice Site

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options

bump, anyone?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Is vanilla where you have it installed ?

• Options

yes, Vanilla is installed at mydomain.com/vanilla, and in the embed vanilla plugin, I have the remote url set to mydomain.com/forum and force remote url is enabled.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

So you cannot navigate to your forum at all?

• Options
    edited December 2011

No, the forum is embeded at http://vanillaminecraft.com/forum just fine, but I believe that the embed Vanilla plugin is suppose to redirect anyone who tries to visit vanillaminecraft.com/vanilla to /forum, but it doesn't seem to be working.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011 Answer ✓

usually thats a htaccess issue. Not sure ( I dont use or have ever used embed feature )

p.s. Nice Site

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

nice one

• Options

Ahh that may explain it, I'm using nginx instead of apache, and nginx doesn't use .htaccess, I'll look into that a bit more.

p.s. ty :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

On closer inspection, The redirecting is done on lines 109 to 118 of embedanilla/ local.js

And it seems that those lines are negated because on line 20, the if statement is:

if (!inIframe) {return;}

So I just removed line 20 and the redirect is working fine. Thanks for the help