Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

creating a plugin.. need help...

bimaljrbimaljr New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,
I am creating a plugin and need your help.
I like to link my own custom system with Vanilla forum. Currently my site is in PHP and there are some users available in my system.
I like to add a text field in signup form with title "My SYSTEM User ID" so user will add their user id in this field. And after they click on "Sign Up", I like to verify their userid in my system. If userid is not available than I will make them normal user and if userid is availabe in My SYSTEM than I will assign a USER ROLE.

So I have started to create a plugin but I don't know which function to call to edit the signup form. Anyone can help me on this?

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

You can alter the registration form in your theme by copying the /applications/dashboard/views/entry/register*.php file(s) into yout theme's /views folder.

• Options

Thanks a lot, it works.
    I was doing the same in Joomla theme so I am familiar with this.

For anyone who is not familiar with this:
    Copy the /applications/dashboard/views/entry/register*.php file(s) into /themes/<your-theme>/views/entry/register*.php folder and modify the files as you need.

• Options

Hello Todd,

Sorry but there is another problem.
    I have added the field and it is in the registration form. But now I am confused for how I process the new field after submission. Like, after the form submission, I will check the new field in my SYSTEM's database to verify user but where I will put the script to do this?