Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Removing the username & password field, leaving only SSO?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

seeing as I have my forum embedded in a WordPress blog which already has a user database, I'd like to leave only the SSO sign-in option available and remove the regular username and password part of the login form. How should I go about this?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

I'd just use css in your custom theme. Firebug is your friend.

Answers

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

If they have to be logged in using your wp, why not do a redirect to wp login , if they are not logged into forums. Then hide vanilla login etc

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited January 2012

Thanks for your reply, that's pretty much what I'd like to know how to do, how to 'hide vanilla login etc'. Please care to elaborate.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Good question. I dunno lol

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    edited January 2012

Modify methods to be somewhat like MainForm, in the /applications/dashboard/design style.css file:
    .Methods {
    width: 170px;
    height: 120px;
    padding-left: 20px;
    padding-right: 20px;
    }

In signin.php (/applications/dashboard/views/entry), remove the entry and multiple/single entry methods class from their div:
    echo '

<

div>';
    //replaces echo '

<

div class="Entry'.$CssClass.'">';

Don't render the main sign-in form, comment it out, same file:
    // Render the main signin form.
    /*
    echo '

'; include $this->FetchViewLocation('passwordform'); echo $this->Data('MainForm'); echo '

';
    */

Code tags don't seem to be working, here's my post in plain text: pastie.org/private/lctfitmsldlrc0kqeqt2a .

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

I'd just use css in your custom theme. Firebug is your friend.