Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Cannot change #Head background color

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello.

I am just beginning to adjust my theme to go with the rest of my website. I only wish to make a few edits to the most noticeable elements.

I cannot change the background color of #Head (the menu where "Dashboard", "Discussions", "Activity", etc is written). I have followed the clear examples as listed on Vanilla Forums website, for example I use the following code:

Head {

background:#000000;

}

I also experimented with color:, background-color:, background-image (I put "none"), etc, but never is there any change in my menu header!

I am using the Embed Theme and editing its custom code. I try to find my default style.css to see if the #Head area is being overwritten, but in my 'themes' -> 'default' -> 'design', I have only a 'favicon.png', in fact nowhere can I find any stylesheets for my default theme. I don't know if this has to do with the difference between the paid and non-paid versions of Vanilla Forum, but I got my Vanilla Forum installed through the Simple Scripts in cPanel offered by my Bluehost webhost.

If I view the page source of my forum (which is embedded on my website and hosted on my webhost), still I find no stylesheet. Without access to the default stylesheet I can think of no other solutions to try, but to make a request here.

My forum is located here:
http://www.themetaldiscourser.com/forum.php

Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer, it is truly greatly appreciated. I must say in general Vanilla Forums has really saved the day because it can do what other free forums cannot.

Best Answers

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

as i see - you are using EmbedFriendly Theme. Your custom.css is in /themes/embedfriendly/design/custom.css

on your custom.css line 33

.Banner ul {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #3B5998;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
    }

change the background color there to change the background color you want to change

firebug is your friend

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

.Header {color:#ec008c;}

Or derivatives .. Such as....

.header
    #header

Etc

Answers

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

as i see - you are using EmbedFriendly Theme. Your custom.css is in /themes/embedfriendly/design/custom.css

on your custom.css line 33

.Banner ul {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #3B5998;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
    }

change the background color there to change the background color you want to change

firebug is your friend

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

.Header {color:#ec008c;}

Or derivatives .. Such as....

.header
    #header

Etc

• Options

Thanks so much for both of your help! It's really so much appreciated. Also, I thought Firebug didn't work since my forum is embedded, but that was my mistake and now it is very useful to use!