Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Theming a plugin

Domos123Domos123 New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have installed the who's online plugin, and I wish to change the theme of the box it creates. I tried adding .Box to the custom.css, but that didn't work :P
any suggestion?

my site: http://cruxes.net

Best Answer

• Options
    sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Domos123 you have Minify plugin enabled. Disable that plugin until you finish off your edits with CSS or anything and enable that again. and also delete all files from /cache folder because minify has cached the CSS and Javascript and other htmls so the changes you are making do not show up in the browser because they are called from cache not your CSS file

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    edited January 2012

i see your whos online box all in the footer

use #WhosOnline to format it

and your whosonline plugin refresh time is very low - i see it refreshing whos online every 5-6 secs - you should make it larger else server will be busy if you have hundreds of users online at same time

• Options

I added #WhosOnline{border-color:#84ab00 !important;border-width:1px !important;background-color:transparent !important;} to the theme's custom.css, but still no joy...

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Firebug

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2012

I don't have the plugin to check, but maybe try

#WhosOnline.Box {...

• Options
    Answer ✓

@Domos123 you have Minify plugin enabled. Disable that plugin until you finish off your edits with CSS or anything and enable that again. and also delete all files from /cache folder because minify has cached the CSS and Javascript and other htmls so the changes you are making do not show up in the browser because they are called from cache not your CSS file

• Options
    Domos123Domos123 New
    edited January 2012

Thanks for the heads up on minify, forgot I'd turned that on XD
    I finally got it working, final code is in the next reply, due to code tags not working for it (?) for those who are interested; feel free to take it and tweak it to your theme :D

• Options
    Domos123Domos123 New
    edited January 2012

(hash)WhosOnline{border-width:0px !important;background-color:#84ab00 !important; color:fff !important;} .PanelInfo{background-color:white !important; color:#000;padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;} (hash)WhosOnline a:link{color:#000;} (hash)WhosOnline a:visited{color:#000;} (hash)WhosOnline a:hover{color:#333;} (hash)WhosOnline a:active{color:#111;} (hash)WhosOnline h4{background-color:transparent !important; color:white;padding-left:10px;}
    replace (hash) with #
    for some reason, # seems to be markdown for 'make my text huge and bold'

• Options

!important is always almost a must be when it comes to that.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

New css rule !unimportant and !buggerit lol

• Options

!youwish and !useless would be awesome too!

• Options
    edited January 2012

422 said:
    New css rule !unimportant and !buggerit lol

Lol