Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User visits counter isn't increasing for a specific user

whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have one user for whom the visits counter in the About box of his profile has stopped working.

Can anyone suggest what might cause this and/or how I could fix it?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

I think it counts the number of "member" visit it, not the times they visit, i think so. Sorry if it not help you

• Options

bh8vn

Thanks, but it is definitely specific to the user - it is on their profile page.

• Options

whu, you have to check in the database what is wrong. You cannot fix this from the frontend, just see if MySQL query can help you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

UnderDog

Thanks for the response. I'm afraid you credit me with knowing more than I do.

I wouldn't know how to use MySQL query in this regard.

I'm slightly baffled as it is not site wide, but relates just to one user.

• Options
    rprrpr
    edited February 2012

I'm also having this issue, is it possibly related to Last IP not being recorded? On those profiles where visits equal 0, there's no Last IP shown either?

How do we fix this in MySQL, surely the PHP is responsible for adding this data to the database, why is it presumed to be a database issue?

• Options

actually just seen this as a possible cause:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/97234#Comment_97234

Is this 'bug' still relevent to latest version?