Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to display thread and comments count in the embed theme?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Like on this forum it shows follows | thread | comments and new at the end.
How can I enabled this on my forum? :)

Answers

• Compare the theme you are using at the moment with the default
    theme that was delivered when you installed vanilla.

Compare the files and the content of those files.

Particularly the files "discussions.php" in the "view" directories are interesting
    also the helper_functions.php are files to look at.

Have fun :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• UnderDog said:
    Compare the theme you are using at the moment with the default
    theme that was delivered when you installed vanilla.

Compare the files and the content of those files.

Particularly the files "discussions.php" in the "view" directories are interesting
    also the helper_functions.php are files to look at.

Have fun :-)

It doesn't show in the default theme either.

• Did U try voting plugin??

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited January 2012

Yes, but it doesnt go well with the embed theme. And i dont want voting :p just Thread and comment count.

• edited January 2012

I was hoping to do something similar and I played around with the voting plugin, this is how I accomplished what you are trying to do.

Go to the Voting plugin folder and edit the class.voting.plugin.php. Save your original file before editing. I compared my edited file to the original and below is what I deleted. Delete 212 to 228 first so the order stays the same.

Delete lines 212 to 228

Delete lines 191 to 201

Delete lines 120 to 130

That will get rid of the Vote Counter, Voting Box on side of the thread, and the vote sort options within the thread. Add <hr> where the codes from lines 191 to 201 were if you want the horizontal line to separate first and the second comment. If anything goes wrong just replace the file with the saved one and you are back to square one. Btw, I use the default theme, so I have no idea how it will work out with your theme.