Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error on self hosted vanilla forums: "require_once()"

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everybody,

since a few days - a clients forums show up this error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/www/USERNAME/html/intern/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/home/www/confixx/html/include:/home/www/confixx/html:/home/www/confixx/html/PEAR') in /home/www/USERNAME/html/intern/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 529

I checked the class.dispatcher.php on line 529 and i checked the path "applications/conrollers/class.controller.php".
As i'm not a php-programmer, all i can say is that this path does not exist. The file "class.controller.php" which is failed to open is stored in "/library/core/".

I have no idea where this error comes from or how to fix it. Sadly.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Sumit

Answers

• is it something to do with the fact it's looking in /home/www/USERNAME/html/ instead of /home/www/confixx/html/ ?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

it might be a symbolic link, which you have to enable the following of.

grep is your friend.

• no, i replaced the actual FTP-Username with "USERNAME" to post it here :-/

• Failed opening required '/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/home/www/confixx/html/include:/home/www/confixx/html:/home/www/confixx/html/PEAR') in /home/www/USERNAME/html/intern/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 529

Open /library/core/class.dispatcher.php and find line 529

Copy 5 lines above and 5 lines under this code in < code > < /code > tags please

Hopefully it has something to do with either a PHP version upgrade or case sensitiveness.

Maybe, like x00 said, it has something to do with a Symlink

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• yes applications/controllers/ should not exist, it is not the structure of the framwork. and class.controller.php is in core. It is the class that application controllers inherit.

I think there is somethign funky going on try disabling plug-ins.

grep is your friend.

• what version of PHP?

grep is your friend.