Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Not working with 2.0.18.1?

dudieboydudieboy New
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Just did a conversion over to 2.0.18.1 here: http://www.danbirlew.com/forums/ using the following steps:

1. Set up new version in a new directory with a new database.
  2. Re-styled Vanilla with a custom theme and default.view to match my site design.
  3. Imported posts and members from old Vanilla forum using Vanilla Porter.
  4. Activated plugins.

Please have a look at my page and code and advise. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

I have it working with 2.0.18.1

Think you'll need to provide a dummy account - otherwise it isn't possible to see what is happening with Emotify.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

WHAT is not working? Errors? Images not showing up? Copied images from default to custom theme? Is it working with default theme?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

I have it working with 2.0.18.1

Think you'll need to provide a dummy account - otherwise it isn't possible to see what is happening with Emotify.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

WHAT is not working? Errors? Images not showing up? Copied images from default to custom theme? Is it working with default theme?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@whu606 Registration is open, please sign in. I'd be happy to delete the account afterward.

@Underdog That is actually the default theme with a WP header/footer, and the plugin is not working. Smilies are not replaced, dropdown does not appear in comment boxes.

Possible cause: due to changes to HTML in default.master.view I've replaced the head element with static js references. I imagine that plugins will need to hook into the head, so I'll replace the php from the original head element of the default.master. Will let you know if this fixes the problem, and the other plugin issue I was having.

• Options

Hey! I can't edit my posts, or I would merely update my last. Anyway:

I did indeed return

<?php $this->RenderAsset('Head'); ?>

to my default.master.php file and Emotify is now replacing my smilie codes with images. However, in the comment box the Emotify dropdown is not fully appearing, the part called .EmoticonContainer I believe. I see it has a z-index of 1000, should I just try and set it higher? Is there another general fix I need to worry about? Can you look at my code and CSS and see how to fix it?

Also, I want to change the title tag output and favicon to match my site; what file where contains the code for the Head asset?

• Options

Admin: please reject the two answers above as they have not answered my question. I originally posted from iPhone and had to tap the links to validate the above answers just to get them out of my way so that I could read what the other posters were saying; might want to reconsider those little black message boxes in your mobile theme.

Since the post above I have been examining the situation further. Have switched back to the default theme and can see the plugin is working fine there. However, in my theme all of the a.EmoticonBox links are for some reason stripped out of the .EmoticonContainer div. In comparing the two I noticed that the a.EmoticonBox links were inheriting certain Css values from other places in the stylesheet, and so I added those to .EmoticonBox, but these were only minor things like margin, padding, text-decoration. Doesn't explain while all links are being stripped out of the .EmoticonContainer div. Any thoughts why custom theme CSS would be doing this?

• Options

Solved. Got this working by returning renderasset=foot to my default.master.php view. I don't remember deleting that, but I'm sure it was by accident. :0

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi, thank you worked for me also! Problem solved! Thanx!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla