Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

custom Sticky post?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Suppose a user post something and i want to mark that as invalid and make that appear as we saw in announcements. Please tell how to do that?

I simple words I want to make a custom sticky title.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

As22 - I can't quite tell what you want in your first question.

For your second, 'sink' stops a post from coming back to the top of the page when it is commented on, so eventually it will go off the front page, even if people are still commenting on it.

Answers

• somebody help. also tell me what is sink for?

Answer ✓

As22 - I can't quite tell what you want in your first question.

For your second, 'sink' stops a post from coming back to the top of the page when it is commented on, so eventually it will go off the front page, even if people are still commenting on it.

• ok thanks for answering. Somebody answer me my first question please..

• is it possible for me to put these 3 buttons in my website like, spam and abuse.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

@As22 please explain more for your first questions. what is it about????
    what does invalid mean????

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @sahotataran my first question means that: I want to make sticky thread.. Like with name "updated" or say "Important" etc..

• @sahotataran what he means is that he wants to mark a post as either "abuse" or "spam"

For example: When someone posts here and he says : "I want to mark my posts as invalid" and 20 minutes later he says: please answer my question
    and 10 minutes later he says : "I want 3 buttons on my website : "like, spam and abuse""

That could be considered abuse.

So what I would do is go to (pay attention @Ass2 )
    The Admin section and browse around in that section for Plugins.

There must be a plugin that was delivered with 2.0.18.1 and it has the "like" and "dislike" functionalities.

As far as I know, the same goes for a plugin that can mark users posts as "Spam" or "Abuse".

my first question means that: I want to make sticky thread.. Like with name "updated" or say "Important" etc..

As22 - how is that different to 'announce'?

• @whu606 its not different in functionality but i want name different than announce! Also i want 3-5 different sticky titles like announce.

• You can change the name (translation) of announcement in the so-called locales.

Take a look in the documentation on how to do that.

You can also search in the forums for examples on how to change the locales.

• In other forum universes a Sticky is not universal, it's an announcement in a particular category... Is there a plugin that makes that work?