Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Ive created my new tab.. created my blank page.. now how do I put anything in it??

edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok so I needed an extra tab which when opened displays a page containing an iFrame. In this iFrame I will be able to easily drop in some links to a bunch of PDF files... Ive created my new tab no problem using HomeTab extension, created a new page using bits of code from the search.php, but how do I drop in the iFrame code?? Could really do with pointing in the right direction here girls n boys. Here is my new page code:: <?php include("appg/settings.php"); include("appg/init_internal.php"); // 1. DEFINE VARIABLES AND PROPERTIES SPECIFIC TO THIS PAGE // Ensure the user is allowed to view this page $Context->Session->Check(agSAFE_REDIRECT); if (!agUSE_CATEGORIES) header("location: index.php"); // Define properties of the page controls that are specific to this page $Menu->CurrentTab = "Downloads"; $Panel->CssClass = "Downloads"; $Body->CssClass = "Downloads"; // 2. CONTENT // Iframe needs to be in the body, here I guess? // 3. ADD CONTROLS $Page->AddControl("Head_Render", $Head); $Page->AddControl("Menu_Render", $Menu); $Page->AddControl("Panel_Render", $Panel); $Page->AddControl("Body_Render", $Body); $Page->FireEvents(); ?>

Comments

• Options
    I remember Mark saying there was a blank template file laying around for this purpose...
  • Options
    Come on Mark.. show me the way.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2006
    You need to create a control that will display your iframe and add it to the page using the $Page->AddControl method.

This is really easy if you are using 0.9.3 because there is a generic control I've created called a Filler Control that allows you to specify any old file to use as the xhtml source. However, I assume you're working with 0.9.2, so we will need to create your control from scratch. You can do it like this:

1. Create a new extension file for your control. Inside, do the usual rigamarole for describing your extension so that it will be added to the extension list

2. Add a control definition to your extension file for your iframe source like this:

// First limit this extension so that it only loads your control on your custom page: if ($Context->SelfUrl == 'your_page_name.php') { // Control definition: class MyIframe extends Control { function Render() { echo('The source code for my iframe goes here: <iframe src="somewhere.html"></iframe>'); } } // Now instantiate your control $MyIframe = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, "MyIframe"); // And add it to the page in the correct place $Page->AddControl("Body_Render", $MyIframe); }

3. Finally, you need to navigate to the extension manager and enable your extension.

Assuming I haven't got any typo's, that should do it.
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    That works like a dream. I will try and tweek it so I can add it to the extensions list for everyone. Cheers
This discussion has been closed.