Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cant seem to get it to work.

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So I'm having some problems getting Vanilla to work in an iframe. If I set the aJax to ../vanilla/index.php it show's it fine, but it mucks my style up a bit and turns all my links into the Vanilla links "Turns them pink urls" and nothing works, not even Vanilla.

I just tried using a php include, in the page /pages/forums.php
"<?php include('../vanilla/index.php'); ?>"

but that gives me it but no style and the links turn blank. I've also tried using the embed plugin but it doesnt work with my iframe, but works if I put it in the of index.php above the rest.

Live: www.amphicraft.com

Thanks if anyone can answer it,
Vaughan

Best Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

it is not able to find your stylesheets for as u have it live now.

how did you embed it in your pages/forums.php?????

i would suggest using embed. as it will be alot easier to configure than checking out options like this

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Sites are themes based on a few givens. Vanilla is no exception.

Header
    Nav
    Content
    Footer.

Find those hooks and you can do anything. Check out this http://vanillaskins.com/game-forum/

You can do almost anything. And most of it is all css

Answers

edited January 2012 Answer ✓

it is not able to find your stylesheets for as u have it live now.

how did you embed it in your pages/forums.php?????

i would suggest using embed. as it will be alot easier to configure than checking out options like this

• I used the embed code it gave me, and put it in the ../pages/forums.php file which is linked to the iframe. So when you click "Forums" it should load, but nothing happens.

edited January 2012

try in your pages/forums.php

< script type="text/javascript">
    document.write('< script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://www.amphicraft.com/vanilla/plugins/embedvanilla/remote.js\"><\/script>');

note - remove the extra space i have put between < script

• I've exactly what you copied but without the extra spaces. It just opens the forum when you click it now instead of loading it in the iframe. www.amphicraft.com

edited January 2012

can you try in your pages/forums.php

< script type="text/javascript">
    var target = document.getElementById('leftcolum');
    target.document.write('< script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://www.amphicraft.com/vanilla/plugins/embedvanilla/remote.js\"><\/script>');

• It's live, nothing appears to be showing.

• Anyone able to fix this?

• 422422 Developer MVP

This is where base href comes into its own

• I have no clue what that is. Mind explaining, or posting code that could work? I've been stuck on this for awhile.

• 422422 Developer MVP

@amphios your code needs serious work dude.

Your not even defining doctype.

I suggest you ditch the method you are using and create your site around a forum, and link to external theme pages using same header footer structure.

• @422 I cant re-do it, I've worked on this for awhile. Everything is working perfectly apart from the forum loading in an iframe. There must be a way that it would work. I just need it explaining to me.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Mate trust me sometimes you just have to start over.

• @422 It would set me a long way back, plus I've no theme, template that I can think of. All I need is the work around to make it work in an iframe. Theres obviously a way or others wouldn't be able to do it.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Well, I think you are in for some real hassles.

Why embed via iframe vanilla within a web page that has very simplistic layout. Converting your site to a theme would be easy enough. Plus then no embed feature / path related issues.

The page you have up at the moment, has no metas doctyle or otherwise. By using iframe, you are severely affecting performance and your gonna face a whole myriad of style and path related issues.

• 422422 Developer MVP

In fact , I think looking at what you are trying to accomplish is a seemless ajax look, so that pages load with apprent no refresh.. so ajaxified. But iframe is not the way to achieve this.
    Why not create your site AS IS , ie not touching anything. Then focus on themeing vanilla to look just like it. That way transitions will look sweet and you get all the benefits of running on gas

422 i have been trying to figure out how to work around with the problem amphios is facing but still not able to get any solution. tried document.write to write into page where it is called etc etc but i am still not able to figure out how to get it working.
    if one case works then it wont load anything into the main page. idk will run my brain horses once again lol

• So you're saying to skin Vanilla into my site? I have no clue how to edit Vanilla themes properly. No doubt I would fail quite quickly. I know HTML, but I'm rusty and haven't done a whole lot.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Sites are themes based on a few givens. Vanilla is no exception.

Header
    Nav
    Content
    Footer.

Find those hooks and you can do anything. Check out this http://vanillaskins.com/game-forum/

You can do almost anything. And most of it is all css

• If it's all CSS, makes it sound very easy. I'll check it out. Thanks again.

• One problem I am having is, theres no foot.php or head.php in the /themes