HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Garden and Vanilla

dodgeriddodgerid
edited January 2012 in Feedback

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the guys (and gal) for Vanilla and especially the Garden framework.

The further I get in making this app for Vanilla, I am realising how good garden is and can see how good it may become, it to me is like zend framework simplified and yet not watered down, the security is much easier to understand, and general development is really a breeze once you get to the fundamentals, I am of course not using it to it's full potential yet, but am finding how easy it is to prototype my app with ease, I can see me using garden and vanilla for all I do online easily, in fact the tutorial site I will create will be based on garden and to some respect vanilla.

It is also my next springboard into learning intermediate php coding and techniques as I am wanting to now start following best practises and garden is giving me great motivation towards this goal.

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Best Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the thanks!

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

When vanilla 2 was envisioned I didn't think that creating a whole new framework was worth the effort.

However, credit where it is due, it is coming into its own.

The way I see Garden as a standalone framework, is where you need something that would otherwise be quick, and dirty web content, and you don't want an all bell a whistles framework, but somethign self contained and transportable.

It is not super light, but it is light enough, with a fair amount of flexibility.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the thanks!

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

When vanilla 2 was envisioned I didn't think that creating a whole new framework was worth the effort.

However, credit where it is due, it is coming into its own.

The way I see Garden as a standalone framework, is where you need something that would otherwise be quick, and dirty web content, and you don't want an all bell a whistles framework, but somethign self contained and transportable.

It is not super light, but it is light enough, with a fair amount of flexibility.

grep is your friend.