Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

installing vanilla on iPower

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm installing vanilla on iPower's server via "simple scripts." I'm already stuck on the question, "Where would you like Vanilla Forums installed?" My URL is listed and then there's a forward slash followed by a blank space. What do I write in the blank space? Do I create a folder and then a filename or can I just type forum.html. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options

most just use a sub dir labeled "vanilla" php will automatically default to the index of the root. Better to create the folder yourself. By creating the sub directory you also free up your domain for other options.

If you use the root directory for your program then Vanilla will dominate that.

Answers

• Options

most just use a sub dir labeled "vanilla" php will automatically default to the index of the root. Better to create the folder yourself. By creating the sub directory you also free up your domain for other options.

If you use the root directory for your program then Vanilla will dominate that.