Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

error message

I successfully set up a Vanilla Forum probably 10 months ago on my family site and it has been working great but I just got the following message:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/waloraweb029/b1161/moo.weepingwillowus/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/waloraweb029/b1161/moo.weepingwillowus/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 551

I'm an amateur and I don't even remember how I installed this to begin with. I used Dreamweaver to create the site. FatCow is my provider. They say it is a coding error and they can't help me.

http://weepingwillow.us/forum.html

Any help appreciated. I'm afraid if I have to reinstall a new version or something, I will lose all of my posts that were already up there for the last ten months!

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@weepingwillow

Can't help with the error, just wanted to reassure you that even if you have to reinstall Vanilla, it should not affect your posts, as they are kept in a separate sql database.

On your webserver, make sure that you make a backup copy of the db, and then you can't lose your posts.