Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem with 2.018 interaction with Reply-to plugin roles and permissions

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can anybody either provide a solution or a clue.
The reply-to pliug-in worked fine with vanilla 2.0.17 now with 2.0.18
it seems that there is a problem with displaying the reply anchor tag as an option

It appears when logged-in as the administrator (only the "initial administrator). Reply will not show up as an option for other administrators (as does edit, sink, etc.) or under member roles. It seems as there has been a change in the access to roles and permissions table. Can anyone provide any clues on how to access the GDN_permission table to provide an option for replies for members, and where to insert it in the reply-to plug-in or the discussion/helper_functions.php.

I'm new here, so if this was posted in the wrong place forgive me.

The plug-in is quite useful, it would be a shame to have to stick to an older version of vanilla to use it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012

check which roles the other members have, then check those role for permissions related to replyto.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Thanks x00 - I looked into this. Thats why I was hoping to get clues on the GDN_permission table values settings, or a mod to the plugin itself which is no longer supported or the helper_functions.
    It would certainly be a nice piece of documentation on how to access permissions and roles properly when setting up plug-in.

The "initial administrator" was the one created when vanilla was installed. Other administrators were created later. Under the manage users they are both show to be setup as adminstrator roles.

Under edit administrator - there is no option for reply. I was trying to get around this problem in the same way that the flagging plug-in works.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Solved the problem:
    see
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/154402#Comment_154402

It still would be nice to know how all the values work in the GDN_permission table