Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remotely sign in to Vanilla via PHP POST, etc?

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, I am presently developing a mobile application for iOS in which I would like to integrate Vanilla Forums as a backend. Is there any way that I could pass a username and password input from within my mobile application to Vanilla via PHP POST, http post/request, json, etc. or some other functionality? This would be helpful as it would prevent the user from having to log in twice to the mobile app.

I would like to somehow dynamically sign the user in, but am having a hard time finding the right file in Vanilla's web directory structure that is used to process/accept login information normally passed through the Vanilla Sign-in form. I am guessing it is a PHP file and is similar to an HTML form with a PHP backend to verify the login credentials.

Can someone please point me to some documentation and/or the specific file in Vanilla's web directory where I can find this info?

Thanks!

-Kyle

Best Answer

Answers