Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom template on Application

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am creating an application where I don't really need the Panel bar and so I want to remove it to gain extra room. So far i've tried copying the default.master.php to my application's view folder but it isn't working.

Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2012

@Stewartiee

Just to check, I'm assuming you have set your theme in the Dashboard to your custom theme.

Usually you should just have to comment out or delete this in default.master:

<?php $this->RenderAsset('Panel'); ?>

If that isn't working, you can try setting

#Panel {display:none;}

in custom.css

• @whu606 Yes it is set, my site has the theme set. Like I said above I copied the default.master.php file to my applications folder (in this case /applications/game/views) and removed the div panel completely but it still shows.

I guess it's not possible for custom template on application pages?

@Stewartiee

afaIk the edited default.master has to be in

themes/yourthemename/views

Then you set 'yourthemename' to be the theme in Dashboard and the changes apply.

Do you not want the panel on any pages, or only on some pages?

• I don't to edit the themes view file. I want the panels to show on all pages except from my custom application pages.

It doesn't matter now, it looks like I just need to develop some Panels to fill the space that are relevant to the application. Thanks anyway.

• I assume you want to create an application rather than a plugin?

grep is your friend.

I know you can set css rules for specific pages - e.g Profile, Discussion etc by starting the rule with

.Profile .Discussion etc.

If you can do that for your custom page then you can reduce the panel width, and hide it with display:none

• @x00 @whu606 Yeah I need it to be an application really. I was going to make the width bigger, but knowing an empty div was lying there was not convincing me. So I have decided to try and make use of it, although I am not going to get the layout I wanted.