Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quote button does nothing, please help

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hello i have just installed Vanilla Version 2.0.18.2 on my server and installed some plugins including "Quotes" plugin here: http://tos.adocity.co.uk/forum/

but the quote button is not working, when its clicked nothing happens.
i get the following message in Firebug:

JSON.parse: unexpected character
f()jquery....0.18.2 (line 16)
b = "<?xml version="1.0" enc...dy> \n\n"
QuoteResponse()quotes.js?v=1.2.2 (line 200)
Data = "<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n"
Status = "success"
XHR = Object { readyState=4, responseText="<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n", status=200, more...}
e = Object { isLocal=false, global=true, type="GET", more...}
f = ["<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n", "success", Object { readyState=4, responseText="<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n", status=200, more...}]
clone()jquery....0.18.2 (line 18)
a = 200
c = "success"
l = Object { text="<?xml version="1.0" enc...y> \n\n\n"}
m = "Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 ...xt/html; charset=utf-8\n"
clone()jquery....0.18.2 (line 18)
a = readystatechange
e = undefined

and here is the error message from chrome browser:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
e.extend.parseJSON                                              jquery.js:16
Gdn_Quotes.Gdn_Quotes.QuoteResponse             quotes.js:200
e.extend.proxy.g                                                  jquery.js:16
f.extend._Deferred.e.resolveWith                          jquery.js:16
w                                                                          jquery.js:18
f.support.ajax.f.ajaxTransport.send.d                   jquery.js:18
Tagged:

Answers

• edited March 2012

@zainsohail88 : Did you try the latest version available from here? (I don't use the plugin myself. Just trying to help you.)

• thanks for the reply @badlearner, yes i am using the latest version of the plugin.

• @zainsohail88 : I'll have time check the plugin tomorrow. I'll get back to you if I find a resolution. If you don't hear back from me, just know that I tried, but couldn;t find a solution.

• lucluc ✭✭

I do not have those variables name in my plugin (a, b, c, d, e...)
    Do you have minify installed?

• thanks @badlearner, i really appreciate your efforts :)

@luc: yes i think minify is installed, does that cause any conflict ?

• lucluc ✭✭

zainsohail88 said:
    thanks @badlearner, i really appreciate your efforts :)

@luc: yes i think minify is installed, does that cause any conflict ?

Apparantly so.
    Disable it and you will see.

• alright friend, let me check and get back to you. :)

• @badlearner said:
    @zainsohail88 : Did you try the latest version available from here? (I don't use the plugin myself. Just trying to help you.)

apparently you were right, i was using an older version of the plugin however after adding the Quotes plugin from above link its giving me following error: "Quotes is missing the following requirement(s): Vanilla 2.1a9."

• @luc: i have disabled the minify plugin but now there is another issue i am facing (see my comment above) :-p

• edited March 2012

@zainsohail88 : Okay, seems like the latest version only supports Vanilla 2.1. Do this — disable Minify plugin, then use the Quotes addon from the Vanilla forums repository. I hope it works this time, as it is working for me.

• i just installed the 2.1a version of vanilla forums and updated the quotes plugin, actually all of the plugins and files were updated. i have also disabled minify and all the unnessary plugins, but the quotes functionality is still not working.

additionally the quote feature is no more visible in user-comments, it only appears once near the post title.

seems like things have gone wrong :-$

ohh and when i updated the forum there was an error stating that "mb_detect_encoding" function is invalud, so i disabled it manually.