Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to provide a back button after clicking enlarge thumbnail image?

Sangam254Sangam254 New
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,
I am embedding the vanilla forum in my website. So if I click on the attachment thumbnail, the enlarged image opens within the iFrame(html iframe). I need to provide a back button to return to the discussion page(from the enlarge image page).
Please suggest.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi, I also have this problem. There's no back button and there's no way to remove the click to enlarge function? These are both questions that have been asked but no response has been provided. We really need to do one or the other since the user ends up on a funky page if they press the browser "back" button.

Thanks in advance for any hints on how to do this.

• Sorry this should not be marked answered, but rather "me too". Can an admin please clean up my mistake? Thank you.

• has this ever been resolved ? i have the same problem Vanilla Version 2.0.18.4

• Best to have the users right click on image and open up a new tab or window. Then close until issue is addressed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• A link on the image closing the iframe should do the trick.. unfortunately this it's way behond my skills..

• I made oversized images load in a new tab. It's pretty easy to do. The relevant function is right at the end of global.js

• 50sQuiff50sQuiff ✭✭
    edited November 2012

Following peregrine's encouragement I thought I'd add my code to this thread. First, set your images' max-width to 640px (or whatever) in your custom.css. Then replace the image handling code in global.js with:

`function LinkifyImages() {
    jQuery('div.Message img').each(function(i,img) {
    var imgc = jQuery(img);
    if (imgc.width() >= 640) {
    imgc.css('cursor', 'pointer');
    imgc.click(function() {
    window.open(img.src), '_blank';
    })
    }
    });
    }

jQuery(window).load(function() {
    LinkifyImages();
    });

$('div.Message img').livequery(function()
    {
    LinkifyImages();
    });`

• test

• snavesnave New
    edited February 2013

how to remove the thumb at bottom