Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where can I change the default color for hyperlinks ?

troppmanntroppmann New
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, I'm using the vanilla default version 1.0, and I'd like to change the colors of both visited and non-visited < a > hyperlinks inside comments, which are currently the default color of regular text. I've looked at the CSS files but I'm not sure where is the best place to add this definition.

anyone played with this? thank you in advance for any help

Tagged:

Best Answers

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012 Answer ✓

You can tailor the CSS to specific parts of the HTML. This is done by looking at the attributes for the links and applying some style to them. If you only want to change the hyperlink color for messages and nothing else, then you have to focus the CSS to only the parts you want. For your issue, I would try something like this:

.Comment .Message a{ color: red; }

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

No sarcasm, just raised left eyebrow.

Example , go to car service technician.

My cars leaking oil in one specific place.

After the mechanic asks millions of questions to identify and isolate / diagnose the issue.. He shakes head and says, nope cant find oil leak.

And you turn to him and say , no it only leaks in one particular place, Hamilton , New Jersey !

Try and be very specific with questions that require specific answers, that way you get Fast help.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited February 2012

I'm using the vanilla default version 1.0

Are you kidding? Current version of vanilla is 2.0.18.2

For changes in CSS maybe someone can help. I would try to make the change and see if it works, either in your default css file or make a custom.css and add the definition there.

• sorry...THEME DEFAULT VERSION 1.0...

the css for that theme is so monochrome....anyway...

• 422422 Developer MVP

Download our latest theme. The entire css is commented, goto addons > themes

Clean skin

• link me please i dont see a more recent version for \Vanilla Defaultversion 1.0by Todd Burry

thank you....

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Changing the link colours is a matter of basic css editing in your custom theme. Check our documentation for help on theming.

• Thank you for the responses. I really appreciate it.

What I am trying to do is just make the links in the comments a more distinct color the rest of theme which is monotone...

the css controlling the whole page for the links:

a,
    a:link,
    a:visited,
    a:active {
    color: #282828;
    }

cool no problem...but again the links in the comments are the default typeface color.

if i alter this to say...

a:link {color:6a50d8;}
    a:visited {color:6a50d8;}
    a:active {color: #282828;}

and adjusts every link every thread etc...

so, question is, and not finding it in the documentation, is this possible?

• 422422 Developer MVP

< bites lip

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012 Answer ✓

You can tailor the CSS to specific parts of the HTML. This is done by looking at the attributes for the links and applying some style to them. If you only want to change the hyperlink color for messages and nothing else, then you have to focus the CSS to only the parts you want. For your issue, I would try something like this:

.Comment .Message a{ color: red; }

• 422 said:
    < bites lip

Keep biting, cuz he will probably not get it for a while. Let's see what he does with mcu_hq 's reply :-)

• troppmanntroppmann New
    edited March 2012

thanx for the reply...not the sarcasm....way to keep the forum friendly...

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

No sarcasm, just raised left eyebrow.

Example , go to car service technician.

My cars leaking oil in one specific place.

After the mechanic asks millions of questions to identify and isolate / diagnose the issue.. He shakes head and says, nope cant find oil leak.

And you turn to him and say , no it only leaks in one particular place, Hamilton , New Jersey !

Try and be very specific with questions that require specific answers, that way you get Fast help.